Winter is in full swing- and although we can all agree the cozy sweaters and endless hot chocolates are great perks of these cold months, what they do to our skin is often a different story. Here are some tips, tricks and product recommendations to help nourish, protect and keep your skin radiant this winter.
1. Cleanse your skin
We all know cleansing is an important part of any skincare routine but did you know that certain cleansers can be adding to your skin's dryness and irritation? Switching from a foam or gel based cleanser to a cream-based cleanser is a great way to boost hydration while cleansing your skin this winter. Our Anti-Aging Facial Cleanser and Radiance Facial Cleanser are creamy, gentle cleansers that remove impurities while containing ingredients like Vitamin E, Organic Argan, Organic Aloe and Castor Oil to keep your skin moisturized.
2. Buff away the dry skin with a gentle facial scrub
It’s important to exfoliate your skin no more than three times a week and during the winter months is no exception. Getting rid of impurities and removing the dry skin is an important part of winter skincare and goes hand in hand with cleansing and moisturizing. Both our Anti-Aging Facial Scrub and Radiance Facial Scrub make for perfect additions to your winter skincare routine because unlike harsh scrubs, they use Apricot seeds to gently exfoliate and remove impurities while organic Argan, Avocado, and Coconut oil give your skin that extra hydration it needs.
3. Add extra moisture to your routine with a Beauty Oil Blend
Although you may already be using a serum in your skincare routine, we suggest adding a Beauty Oil to specifically treat the dryness that comes with winter. Here are some of our favourites to use this season;
- Sea Buckthorn Oil is rich in powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties to nourish and soothe skin. It improves texture, elasticity, and helps reduce redness and imperfections such as acne, eczema or rosacea which makes it the perfect oil to soothe sensitive or irritated skin.
- Avocado Oil is extremely hydrating with its vitamins B, E, fatty acids and antioxidants for even the most sensitive skin types. This oil also adds extra protection from UV rays, which makes it a good choice for those sunnier winter days.
- Vitamin E Oil is a thicker consistency which makes it great as a spot treatment for overly dry areas or can even be mixed into other creams to offer bonus moisturizing power. Dry hands or chapped lips? This powerful oil can be applied to treat winter effects on those sensitive areas too!
4. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize
We can’t say it enough- moisturize! Not only to protect, but to lock in and repair your skin's natural moisture barrier. Avoid moisturizers with alcohol or fragrances as they often contribute to dryness and irritation. Instead, use a rich, all natural moisturizer like our Radiance Face Cream which combines Organic Argan oil, Shea Butter, Cucumber extract, and Licorice extract to hydrate and invigorate the skin.
5. Don’t forget your hands!
The extra amount of hand washing and sanitizing we’ve all been doing has really taken a toll on our hands- adding the effects of colder temperatures makes it that much worse. Keep your hands nourished under those mittens with our rich, fast-absorbing Hand Repair Creams which treat dry, irritated skin with Shea butter, Organic Argan, Sweet Almond oil and Aloe.